Sunday, July 3, 2011

The return of the B-side?


Wilco’s new single “I Might” went on sale last at weekend’s Solid Sound Fest (AKA Wilcopalooza) in North Adams, MA. The song’s a tight, fuzzed-up, riff-ollah, with John Stirratt's bass and Jeff Tweedy's acoustic guitar trading licks from the get-go.  Add to that Mikael Jorgensen's chiming xylophone peeking it's shiny colourful teeth through a gloriously off-colour chorus, “It’s alright/ You won’t set the kids on fire/ But I might”, and you've got an outfit who aren't quite yet ready to climb back down from the peak of their powers.  The track is Wilco’s first for their own label dBpm, which they already love so much they covered Nick Lowe’s “I Love My Label” on the b-side. As a special treat for Surface to Air fans, we have the new b-side right here. Take a listen to “I Might” and the follow it up with nicely squirreled away return-to-form b-side.  The outro won't let you down.

Wilco - I Might by ListenBeforeYouBuy

Remember, the outro...

Wilco - I Love My Label by The Line Of Best Fit

You can thank me later.

1 comment: